No matter how good your company is, some people will always write something negative about your site, even if you tried your best to help them. Dealing with negative reviews can be a struggle
Some customers might write negative comments about your company in their blogs or some of your competitors might like to damage your reputation by creating fake comments about your site on Google, Facebook or Yelp.
What can you do if web pages with negative comments appear on Google’s first result page for your company name?
1. Fix the problem
- If people write negative reviews about your company, the first thing that you should do is to fix the problem that caused the negative review.
2. It doesn’t hurt to ask
- Send the webmaster of the web page with the negative review a polite email and ask for removal of the negative comments. Many webmasters will cooperate if you explain the issue.
3. Give web pages with positive comments a boost
- If the webmaster does not want to remove the negative review, find websites that contain positive comments about your site. Link to these pages from your own website to increase the link popularity of these pages.
4. Ask for testimonials from happy customers
- If you receive positive feedback from customers, ask them to write a review to directly post on your website, then send them your Google Reviews link.
5. Add your website to company wiki pages
- Websites like AboutUs.org allow you to create an article about your company. If your company is important enough, you might even create an entry in Wikipedia. These Wiki pages will also appear in the search results when someone searches for your company name.
6. Make sure that your own website tops the search results
- If your own website comes first for your company name then most people will click on your link and don’t look further. Use MHS to make sure that your own web site has position 1 in the search engine results.