5 WordPress Site Builders
Do you want an easy way to build and customize your WordPress site?
That’s where drag and drop WordPress page builder plugins come in handy. These WordPress page builders allow you to create, edit, and customize your site layout without writing any code. In this article, we will compare and review 5 of the best drag and drop page builders for WordPress.
Why Use a Drag and Drop Page Builder for WordPress?
When starting a blog, many WordPress beginners find it difficult to change or customize page layouts on their site. While a lot premium WordPress themes come with different page layouts, those are extremely hard to customize for anyone who does not know code (HTML / CSS).
This is why users often ask us questions like: “how can we make WordPress drag and drop?” or “is there an easy drag and drop page builder for WordPress?”
When we talk with users who switch from Weebly to WordPress or from Wix to WordPress, their most common response is: “I wish WordPress had a drag and drop website builder”.
- Well, there are several great drag and drop page builder plugins available for WordPress. They allow you to customize every component on your site without writing a single line of code.
- These components can be anything like adding multiple columns, parallax backgrounds, full width images, content slider, etc. Users can use these components as blocks to build their own layouts within their WordPress themes.
- Since there are different type of WordPress drag and drop page builders, some which are part of theme frameworks while others are plugins, we decided to compare them to help you choose the best page builder for WordPress.
- Our criteria for comparing these WordPress page builders are: ease of use, flexibility, and the design output.
- Having said that, let’s take a look at the best page builders for WordPress in the market.
Beaver Builder is a premium WordPress drag and drop page builder plugin. In our opinion, it is by far the best WordPress page builder plugin in the market.
- It is extremely fast and comes with a built in on-boarding tour that quickly familiarizes users with their interface.
- Beaver Builder comes with a live drag and drop interface. You get to see all your changes as you add them by simply dragging elements from the right sidebar and dropping them on your page. You can click on any element in a page to edit its properties.
- It has several basic and advanced modules which cover almost anything you may want to add. There are modules to add sliders, carousel, backgrounds, content blocks, buttons, among many other things.
- Most importantly, Beaver Builder is very easy to use for beginners. Check out our tutorial on how to create custom WordPress layouts with Beaver Builder.
- Pricing: Starting from $99 for single site license.
- Our Grade: A+
- Review: Beaver Builder is the easiest page builder option in the market. It comes with pre-made templates to help you get started. The ability to customize every little detail makes it the perfect solution for WordPress users.
Elementor is a powerful drag and drop WordPress page builder. It is built from ground up for speed, and you will immediately notice how fast and responsive it is.
- It is a live page builder plugin which means you get to see your page live as you edit it with Elementor. Simply create sections and select the number of columns for each section.
- You can then drag and drop widgets from the left panel to your section. Elementor comes with tons of widgets including most commonly used website elements.
- From basic image and text widgets to advanced accordions, sliders, testimonials, icons, social media, tabs, etc. Each widget comes with its own settings.
- Elementor will also let you add widgets created by other WordPress plugins.
- Don’t want to build your own layout?
- Elementor also comes with many ready-to-use templates that you can just insert into your pages. You can simply point and click to edit any item on the page and replace it with your own content.
- Pricing: Starting from $49 for single site license.
- Our Grade: A
- Review: Elementor is one of the best page builder plugin in the market. It is super fast, extremely easy to use, and comes with tons of modules and templates.
Divi is a drag and drop theme and WordPress page builder. It is an extremely easy to use and fast WordPress theme with 20+ layouts/templates for different kind of websites.
- You can create and save your own Divi layouts. You can also export a layout from one Divi installation into another. Divi also comes with tons of elements that you can drag and drop anywhere in your layout.
- Pricing: Starting from $69 per year
- Our Grade: B
- Review: Divi is a good page builder. The page builder functionality is superb which allows you to work with other WordPress themes as well. However, Divi uses a lot of shortcodes, and this makes it difficult for you to switch themes or use a different page builder in the future.
If you are already using a WordPress theme by Themify, then Themify Builder is already part of your theme. For other non-Themify WordPress themes, you can get the Themify Builder plugin.
- This simple and highly intuitive page builder comes with several ready to use modules that you can add to your pages or posts. Many of these modules usually require you to install separate WordPress plugins.
- Themify Builder allows you to edit your pages from the admin area as well as from your live site. With live editing you get to see exactly how your changes will appear on the site. Apart from that, Themify Builder comes with ready-to-use layouts that you can quickly apply to your page.
- Pricing: $39
- Our Grade: C+
- Review: While the builder comes with promising features, there is a learning curve that can leave a user frustrated. You can get nearly everything from the Themify builder in Site Orign page builder for free.
With more than one million active installs, Site Origin’s Page Builder is one the most popular WordPress page builder in the market. One of the primary reason for it’s popularity is the price (free). It is available as a fully functional free plugin.
- Site Origin Page Builder is fairly easy to use and works with any standard compliant WordPress theme. For components, Site Origin Page Builder allows you to use WordPress widgets. It comes with several widgets of its own, and you can download and install any widget. See our list of the 25 most useful WordPress widgets because you can add all of them using this page builder.
- It also comes with a history tool which allows you to switch back and forth to undo / redo changes that you made. This is a huge time saver, and it gives you a peace of mind knowing that you can revert and undo changes.
- Pricing: Free
- Our Grade: C
- Review: Site Origin Page Builder is a good free plugin with drag-and-drop interface to create and customize layouts. Although the live editing is not comparable to other solutions mentioned in this comparison.